- An engagement file cannot be renamed within Windows Explorer.
- The rename function is not available within an engagement file (File | Close will return you to the welcome screen).
Follow the steps below to rename an engagement file:
- Launch CaseWare Working Papers.
- From the 'File' menu, select Rename File. The rename file dialog will appear.
- Browse to the file you wish to rename.
- In the New Name field, enter desired name.
Note: Do Not select Generate a new identifier for this file.
- Click the Rename button to rename the selected engagement.
Note: This functionality is unavailable for SmartSync files. To use this funcitonality, Child Copies will have to be recalled back into the Parent Copy and the Parent Copy will have to be reverted back to non-SmartSync version.